Mobile Application Performance Monitoring tools are must have tool for any companies that hugely depend on Information technology, name a company which operates without IT infrastructure. There is almost no Company.
Is any company employees sit and watch if there is downtime all the time, no, they can’t sit and watch for performance issues in this artificial intelligence world?
80% of organizations use Mobile Application Performance monitoring and management tools. These tools robust and well connected to send you automatic emails, messages and calls to the respective saying, saying hey your application is experiencing problems, watch out. This is what I get in my day to day activities.
There are numerous tools in the market, always company’s trouble which monitoring tool is the best to monitor for availability and performance of the application.
We tried our level best to rank the tools based on their experience using different tools.
There are five types of mobile APM monitoring tools, they are:-
- Cloud based APM tools
- Infrastructure Level based
- Code-level performance-based
- Firewall based
Is there one tool that monitors all the above, in fact yes, see the list below. Some of them are free tools and you can use their trial version before go ahead and buy the licenses.
Mobile Application Performance Monitoring Tools
- IDERA Precise
- Stackify Retrace
- New Relic APM
- Scout (solar winds)
- Riverbed SteelCentral
- Dell Foglight
- Hp SiteScope
Dynatrace is used by almost 3 in out of 5 companies in the world for monitoring mobile application, yes Dynatrace very popular due to its robust features in monitoring different technologies, Tomcat, WebLogic, Apache, AWS, Google Cloud. They have support for every mobile technology to monitor that are developed for Android, IOS, and Windows.
- Supports almost all the technologies, Linux, AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure etc.
- Mobile technologies Android, IOS and Windows mobile platforms.
- Supports technologies like SAP JVM, Oracle JRockit.
- It supports messaging clients ActiveMQ, HornetQ, IBM MQ client.
AppDynamics is a popular and foremost Mobile Application Performance tools used by large enterprise for monitoring with the help of SaaS APM and on-premise. It gives detailed and clear visibility of how Mobile Application Performance is affecting your business operations by monitoring it.
- Supported Languages are PHP, .NET, C++, Node.js, Java And Python.
- Code-level visibility
- Dynamic baselining and alerting
- End-to-end transaction tracing.
Loupe is an outstanding Mobile Application Performance tools in the sense that it has a straightforward and easy setup and this did not hinder its features, it as 11powerful features despite its easy set up. It is most suitable for IT administrators and enterprises. It helps to trace performance, events and other metrics to pinpoint the main flaw affecting the software. Another advantage if Loupe is that it provides the visual understanding of your application usage, it gives in-depth insight and its easy installation as you need not install anything on the servers
- Supported Languages are .NET and PHP
- Easy setup, no installation
- It supports group events.
- Ease of finding bottlenecks
4. SmartBear formally called Lucierna
SmartBear was formally called Lucierna before it was acquired by SmartBear into its AlertSite. It is mostly about SOAP APIs and REST. Smartbear API monitoring is superb but they are limited in scope. It APIs monitors continuously throughout the CI cycle, it also detects and solves issues early. It also monitors chained API transactions.
5. IDERA Precise
IDERA is one of the best Mobile Application Performance monitoring tools today, it has an intuitive dashboard that makes results and other things to be easily decoded, this paves way for quick insight. It is carved a good reputation for itself with its deep SQL Monitoring capabilities.
- Just two Languages and they are Java and .Net
- It is scalable in the sense that it can handle a growing number of works by adding resources to the system
- Supports Multi-platform in a diverse range of systems
- Gives historical analysis and trending
- Provides end-to-end transaction visibility and helps to point out where problems there is a problem
- Corrective actions are recommended.
Nastel is another great Mobile Application Performance tool for in-depth APM analytics and discovery. it is a middleware-centric business transaction tool and it is mostly focused on by APM vendors.
- Supported Languages are. Net and Java
- Equipped with real-time monitoring with sub-second analytics.
- Also equipped with CEP (Complex Event Processing) engine which is used for advanced application rules and analytics
- It has pre-built dashboards and processing rules
7. Stackify Retrace
Stackify Retrace is one of Mobile Application Performance tool that is developers-friendly with its processes and usage. It put the developer first with its unique features. Firstly, it is an affordable SaaS-based APM tool. It helps the developers to be able to optimise the performance of their applications and be able to trace where the problems emanate from with the help of detailed code-level transactions traces.
- Supported Languages are Java, .NET, .NET Core
- Its usage and installation are both easy
- Optimized for developers
- has errors and logs management integration
- Availability of detailed code-level transaction traces.
8. New Relic APM
When we are talking about one of the foremost Mobile Application Performance tools that are demanding and it is SaaS-based, New Relic is on the list with its new added benefits for mobile apps, advance browser performance, infrastructure monitoring.
- Supported Languages are java, python,.NET, Ruby and PHP.
- Ability to track the performance of individual SQL statements
- Code-level diagnostics
- Cross-application tracing
9. Scout (solar winds)
One of the Mobile Application Performance tools that gives a good APM for Ruby on Rails is Scout but there is a need for expansions into their DevTrace and Server Monitoring giving a sound rounded solution. The detriment of Scout is the unavailability of other languages, it uses only Ruby on Rails.
- The only Language is Ruby on Rails
- It supports Github integration
- Automatic Dependencies Population
- Slow Database Query Analysis
10. Riverbed SteelCentral
Riverbed SteelCentral is another important Enterprise-Class Mobile Application Performance tool with multiple riverbed components which is needed to arrive at the same in-depth results like it is in the other singular solutions.
- Transaction analysis
- End-user experience monitoring
- Languages are Ruby on rails, java and. NET
- SLA configurations, reporting capabilities and alerting
- Help track performance by a user, location, business division, transactions and application.
11. Dell Foglight
Dell Foglight is another exciting Mobile Mobile Application Performance tool that gives users experience monitoring, it helps to check a connection mapping between applications and databases deeply. It is easier to run a questing band it creates a better baseline for the Mobile Application Performance tool needs, the only flaw is the confusing interface and the users find it difficult to use.
- User experience monitoring
- SLA Dashboards
- TransAction Recording
- It helps link back to page content with the help of funnel analysis of multi-step transactions.
12. HP Sitescope
Sitescope is another mobile app performance monitoring tool, check out about the tool here.
Mobile Application Performance Monitoring is a must tool to have. Although some target large enterprises and IT operations, you can still find those that suit your needs at an affordable price.