In this tutorial, we will discuss how to do parameterization in Loadrunner. This is one of the important topics in Loadrunner.
What is Parameterization?
Parameterization is passing different values for each virtual user or iteration. When you record an application in Loadrunner, during recording the script contains values such as username, password, account number etc. Suppose if you want to pass different username, password and account numbers for each iteration that login into the application, then you can use parameterization.
Loadrunner has the following type of parameters:
- File Parameter Types
- Table Parameter Types
- XML Parameter Types
- Internal Data Parameter Types
- User-Defined Function Parameters
How to do parameterization in Loadrunner:
- Right click on the value that you want to do parameterization.
- Click on replace with parameter.
- Create new parameter
- Give the parameter Name as shown in the image
- Click on OK
- It will ask “Do you want to replace all occurrences of the string with parameter?” Click on Yes
- Now click on parameters as shown in the image or Press CTRL+L
- You will see the parameter value that is created.